A Pilot of Civic Hall Labs
Delta.NYC: Professional Experience. Professional Impact.
Product Manager Role
The Product Manager role is at the core of the Delta.NYC program. All of our program research and professional experience points to the essential fact that delivery of successful pro bono technology projects hinges on successful product management.
As the PM, you’ll develop the 4 week project work plan for a bite-sized pro bono project, lead a team of volunteers, delegate tasks accordingly, and be responsible for ensuring the completion of the project at the end of the sprint. You and your team will have access to Civic Hall to work on your projects at optional twice weekly after-work sessions, and the Delta.NYC staff will support you in strategizing, executing, trouble shooting, and keeping everything moving between your team and your nonprofit.
- Attend a site visit at your nonprofit partner with Civic Hall Labs staff to finish scoping the project and determine the team composition required to execute project;
- Develop and maintain a detailed work plan;
- Manage project deliverables in line with work plan;
- Manage a team of volunteers throughout duration of sprint;
- Own communication via your team’s Slack channel;
- Monitor project progress and participate in brief weekly check-in calls with Civic Hall Labs;
- Be the primary point of contact with the nonprofit partner for your team.
Important DatesAt the beginning of the program, Civic Hall Labs will schedule weekly check-ins to be had over the phone with PMs.
Oct 24th - Nov 4th: PMs are selected and partnered with nonprofits
Oct 31st - Nov 4th: PMs conduct site visits with nonprofit partners and Civic Hall Labs staff.
Nov 9th: Volunteers self-select onto projects
Nov 15th: Delta.NYC Program Kick-Off Event at Civic Hall
Week of November 28th: Leadership Development Workshop*
Week of December 5th: Panel/Presentation, topic TBD*
December 16th: Delta.NYC Program Conclusion and Project Presentation at Civic Hall*All participants are required to attend one of two Tech and Society Salons hosted at Civic Hall during weeks 3 and 4 of the program, but are welcome to attend both.